Brief Description of this Job
This is an application to start your ACCA articles with Nexia SAB&T. You will conduct audits in accordance with International Standards of Auditing (ISA) and ensure that clients are compliant with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) as well as International Accounting Standards (IAS).
The candidate should attach their: Certified ID, Matric Certificate, Academic Record to date & CV.
- Grade 12
- Bcom Accounting Degree (Average pass mark of 65%)
- ACCA registered and active student on strategic professional level
- Busy with Professional modules (P1- P7)
Candidates must be in their 3rd (final) year of studies in Accounting, following the ACCA stream, through a SAICA accredited University, and have registered with ACCA.
- Selects appropriate accounting frameworks and policies.
- Accounts for the entity’s transactions, including non-routine transactions.
- Prepares or evaluates financial statements and accompanying notes.
- Interprets financial statements.
Skills and Behavioural Attributes
- Take initiative and adapt to change
- Work proactively on their own (unsupervised) and in a team
- Communicate well in verbal and written format and interact with all levels
- Identify problems, conduct research, evaluate evidence & makes appropriate decisions
- Asks appropriate and probing questions to obtain required information
- Takes responsibility for own development
Students are required to complete 3 years of relevant practice experience to achieve 13 performance objectives (9 Essential objectives and 4 out of 11 options).