Brief Description of this Job
This is an application to join Nexia SAB&T for a week (5 working days) of working in the External Audit service line. We recognize the importance of exposing learners to the world of work and the accounting profession. Our Vac work programme affords learners the opportunity to get to understand what a typical day at Nexia SAB&T looks like.
The candidate should attach their: Certified ID, Matric Certificate, Academic Record to date & CV.
ONLY students studying towards qualifying as a CA(SA)will be considered for this programme.
This programme is open to all FIRST year students that are studying a relevant Accounting degree at a SAICA accredited University.
Key Responsibilities and Personal Development
- You will develop your business skills to ensure that you are adequately equipped to tackle the business world.
- We will assist you to identify your skills and competencies from a range of assessment techniques, which will help you enhance your potential as an effective team member within a professional services organization.
- You will have the opportunity to learn more about the services we provide and our client portfolio
- Learners who experience our working environment and then return to their academic studies find their studies more relevant as they can relate it to their working experience.
Skills and Behavioural Attributes
- This programme is tailored to First year university learners who are looking at experiencing a firm and gaining in-depth knowledge in how they work.
- The learner must have a basic working knowledge of accounting and auditing.
- They must be able to work within a team, as well as independently and produce good quality work.
- Attention to detail and good communication skills.