EBS Department: Senior Account – Cape Town
Closing date for applications: 31 January 2023
EBS Senior Accountant January 2023
WHO WE ARE: COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
At Nexia SAB&T we dream big, and we deliver! We value creativity, persistence, and innovation – passionately believing that through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 1994, we have been innovating and changing the game of how auditors are seen and work.
WHY IS THIS ROLE IMPORTANT TO US:
Ensuring that financials are completed within expected time limits, through effective and efficient people and other resources management.
WHAT YOU NEED, IN ORDER TO APPLY:
- Computer Literate (MS Office)
- B.Com Degree or Similar
- English and Afrikaans speaking
- Own vehicle and valid driver’s license
- At least 3-4 years’ experience working in accounting firm or similar type of industry
- SAIPA or SAICA articles or similar experience is essentials
- Manage Junior staff
- Support and guiding staff
- Report directly to the manager/partner in finalizing for various accounting assignments
WHAT ATTRIBUTES WE LOOK FOR, THAT MAKE YOU GREAT:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Display levels of patience and understanding
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Responsibility and accountability
- Problem solving and decision making
- Methodical, accurate and detail conscious
- Team player, approachable, receptive to feedback from others
- Able to build rapport at all levels
- Leadership Skills
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment\
- Prioritising, ability to manage time effectively
- People management skills
- Good listening skills, actively clarifying what has been communicated to ensure understanding
- Integrity, honesty, and confidentiality
- Assertive, able to handle conflicts
- Ability to multi–task
- Ability to work in a culture diverse environment
- Self-motivated and energetic
WHY OUR STAFF ARE HAPPY AND CHOOSE US:
- Awesome clients – we serve and partner with a variety of Top Tier clients across the Public and Private sector. Work with some of the world’s leading companies and impact how they do business!
- Opportunity Knocks. Often – being a part of a growing company we challenge you to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – starting from the onboarding program to internal education, education resources, e-learning to external education, we invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Connect globally – work with people from different countries, participate in EMEA events, join us in our Nexia Day annually. We put the “global” in globalization.