External Audit Manager: Port Elizabeth
Closing date for applications: 31 January 2022
Audit EA/PE/2022 January 2022
Brief Description of the External Audit Manager Job
A fabulous opportunity has arisen to join the External audit team as an Audit Manager in the Port Elizabeth office.
We are looking for an ambitious and focused individual who will progress within the ranks of our organisation.
You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of audit clients, directing all assurance services delivered, managing our people and supporting the Partners with business development and practice management.
- BCom Accounting
- Completed external audit articles
- CA(SA) – Advantageous
- Computer Literate (MS Office)
- Demonstrate strong technical knowledge
- Keeping abreast of legislation changes
- 2- 3 years post-article experience in a similar type industry
- Experience in managing and co-ordinating audit teams of various sizes
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as audit lead on private and government clients. The expectation is that on large assignments this role will be supported by one (or more) Managers. Overall responsibility for each assignment will be retained by the Partner.
- Responsible for leading and directing all aspects of audit services delivered.
- Help to lead the team in the audit department.
- Support Partners in group sales and marketing activity, including playing a leading role in client pitch teams, attendance at group networking, and other marketing events as appropriate.
- Contribute to development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity. This will include winning work by targeting new clients.
- Support Partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business.
- People management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion. Act as a mentor to team members and provide coaching with a view to assisting them to achieve their personal career goals. Act as a role model for Manager level.
- Responsible for maximising profitability from a portfolio of clients.
- Liaison with central departments on risk management, technical and other matters.
- Take part in wider practice management at local level.
- Participate in Key Account Management.
- Develop specialist knowledge of a sector and/or technical area, and/or commercial area.
- Engage with clients more directly on technical and audit judgement decisions.
Skills and Behavioural Attributes
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Display levels of patience and understanding
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Responsibility and accountability
- Problem solving and decision making
- Negotiating skills
- Methodical, accurate and detail conscious
- Team player, approachable, receptive to feedback from others
- Able to build rapport at all levels
- Strong client focus
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Prioritising, ability to manage time effectively
- People management skills
- Good listening skills, actively clarifying what has been communicated to ensure understanding
- Integrity, honesty and confidentiality
- Assertive, able to handle conflicts
- Managing team dynamics
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a culture diverse environment
- Self-motivated and energetic