Assistant Manager: Port Elizabeth
Closing date for applications: 24 February 2023
Internal Audit AssistantManager/PE/2023 February 2022
WHO WE ARE: COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
At Nexia SAB&T we dream big, and we deliver! We value creativity, persistence, and innovation – passionately believing that through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 1994, we have been innovating and changing the game of how auditors are seen and work.
WHY IS THIS ROLE IMPORTANT TO US:
We require a suitable candidate to manage IT audits within delegated area of responsibility and ensures that the audit assignment is executed according to the audit plan in terms of time and management.
WHAT YOU NEED, IN ORDER TO APPLY:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
- Certification as a CIA or progress in studying towards a CIA qualification;
- An accredited qualification in the field of Internal Audit;
- Completed articles, internship or similar;
- At least 5 years work experience within a similar industry, of which 2 years must have been in a supervisory role;
- Computer Literacy required i.e. Proficiency in the use of Ms Office, Teammate or similar audit packages;
- Drivers licence essential.
- A minimum of 7 years working experience in a similar type industry.
- Manage audit projects within the allocated budget and timelines for completion;
- First line of communication with client representatives during the execution and reporting phases of audits;
- Responsible for the guidance, on the job training and performance appraisal of assigned internal audit staff members;
- First level review of audit work performed by internal audit staff members;
- Project management; ability to compile a framework for the assignment, execute the plan, set deadlines and write reports;
- Attend audit committee meetings; presentation of risk assessments, audit programmes, working papers, informal queries, draft report;
- Preparation and submitting of invoices to clients;
- Collection of outstanding debts;
- Responsible for staff development, coaching and on the job.
WHAT ATTRIBUTES WE LOOK FOR, THAT MAKE YOU GREAT:
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Team player, approachable, receptive to feedback from others
- Display level of patience and understanding
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Methodical, accurate and detail conscious
- Able to build rapport at all levels, interact confidently
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Assertive, problem solving and decision making
- Negotiating skills, good presentation skills
- Prioritising, ability to manage time effectively
- Good listening skills, actively clarifying what has been communicated to ensure understanding
- Integrity, honesty, and confidentiality
- Results orientated and deadline driven
- Ability to work in a culture diverse environment
- People management skills
- Ability to influence
- Self-motivated and energetic
WHY OUR STAFF ARE HAPPY AND CHOOSE US:
- Awesome clients – we serve and partner with a variety of Top Tier clients across the Public and Private sector. Work with some of the world’s leading companies and impact how they do business!
- Opportunity Knocks. Often – being a part of a growing company we challenge you to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – starting from the onboarding program to internal education, education resources, e-learning to external education, we invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Connect globally – work with people from different countries, participate in EMEA events, join us in our Nexia Day annually. We put the “global” in globalization.
- Pay & Perks – market related salary, progressive teams, social events, half day on your birthday, performance related incentives, paid group life cover, accelerated career progression and so much more… Talk about a balanced lifestyle.