Brief Description of this Job
A national accounting, auditing and consulting firm is seeking to employ an Internal Auditor based at our offices in Cape Town.
The incumbent will be responsible for examining and evaluating the controls of business processes subject to audit and provide recommendations accordingly.
- BTech Internal Auditing
- 3+ years working experience in a similar type industry
- Applicant must not be an IIA trainee and not a senior.
- Responsible for the planning, execution and reporting on assigned audit projects under the direction of the Senior Internal Auditor/s.
- Responsible for the guidance, training and development of junior staff members assigned on the internal audit project team.
- Responsible for ensuring quality standards are adhered to and that audits are conducted in accordance with the IIA Standards and the Nexia SAB&T internal audit methodology.
Skills and Behavioural Attributes
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Team player, approachable, receptive to feedback from others
- Able to convey factual information clearly and effectively
- Good listening skills, actively clarifying what has been communicated to ensure understanding
- Able to build rapport at all levels
- Integrity, honesty and confidentiality
- Prioritising, ability to manage time effectively
- Results orientated, adheres to deadlines
- Methodical, accurate and detail conscious
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Assertive, able to handle conflicts
- Negotiation skills
- People Management skills
- Tactful, ability to use discretion
- Display level of patience and understanding
- Willingness to learn and continuously improve
- Customer service orientated (internal and external)
- Problem solving and decision making
- Self-motivated and energetic