Brief Description of this Job
This is an application to join Nexia SAB&T for TWO DAYS of working in the External Audit service line. We recognize the importance of exposing school learners to the world of work and the accounting profession. Our Job Shadowing programme affords learners the opportunity to gain insight into a career as a CA.
The candidate should attach their: Certified ID, Academic Record to date & CV.
- Grade 11 & 12 ( Trials followed by Finals )
- Proficient on Microsoft office
ONLY students who are considering Accountancy as a career will be considered for this programme.
- Candidates must have MATHS CORE and ENGLISH as a C+ symbol and above. (65% and above).
- They must also have applied/applying to study Accounting following the CA stream through a SAICA accredited University.
Key Responsibilities and Personal Development
- More than just balancing general ledgers and balancing current accounts, you will have first-hand experience of working in a team of Chartered Accountants ranging from junior to senior staff.
Some activities could be:
- Taking notes in watching the auditor, so you can ask questions and discuss your observations.
- Make spreadsheets based on the figures that the auditors were checking through. Look through the figures and documents to check for falsifications.
- Meetings, possible client visits, data capturing, asset verification and some basic accounting tasks.
We will talk to you about the degree career options there are when you qualify as a CA.
Skills and Behavioural Attributes
- This programme is tailored to school learners who are looking at experiencing an auditing firm and gaining in-depth knowledge of a career as a CA
- They must be able to follow instructions clearly and have attention to detail
- Good communication is essential