Chartered Accountant: Pretoria
Application for: SAICA Training Contract 2022
Audit EA/PTA22 February 2021
Brief Description of this Job
As a member of the External Audit service line, you will make valuable contributions to audit engagements and internal projects. You are encouraged to establish relationships and identify potential business opportunities for Nexia SAB&T on existing engagements. Your work will be expected to be of a high quality and will be reviewed by your senior on the team.
The candidate should attach their: Certified ID, Matric Certificate, Academic Record to date & CV.
The candidate should be completing their: HONOURS/CTA/PDGA through a SAICA accredited University.
- Grade 12
- Bcom Accounting Degree (3rd year)
- Completed CTA1/PGDA
- CTA2/Hons (Preferred)
- BComm + CTA/PGDA
- BCompt + CTA/PGDA
- BAcc + CTA/PGDA
- B Bus Sci (Acc) + PG Dip (Acc)
- B Com Financial Accounting (CA stream) + PGDA
- B Bus Science Finance (CA stream) + Hons
- B Acc Sc (Accounting science) + PGDA
- Participate in audit engagements and executing the work plan
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility & providing support
- Communicating and updating senior team members on progress
- Preparing and attending meetings with target management teams
- Preparing reports and schedules, Interpreting financial statements
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with clients
- Select appropriate accounting frameworks and policies
- Accounts for the entity’s transactions, including non-routine transactions
- Building strong internal working relationships across all services lines
- Contribute towards securing the best talent at the firm
- Act ethically and in accordance with the rules of professional conduct
- Maintain your own educational programme and develop your interpersonal skills
You will serve your articles in our External Audit service line. During this time you will be required to write TWO qualifying Board Exams.
- 1st exam (QE1): written in January of your first year
- 2nd exam (PPE): written in November of your second year.
You are required to work 3600 core hours during your three years.
You will need to sign a THREE YEAR full term training contract with Nexia SAB&T.