Brief Description of this Job
This is an application to join Nexia SAB&T and to register under the SAIPA trainee program to obtain the competencies as required by SAIPA graduate program.
The candidate should attach their: Certified ID, Matric Certificate, Academic Record to date & Curriculum Vitae.
- Grade 12
- BCom Accounting Degree (Average pass mark of 65%)
Candidates must be in their 2nd year of studies towards obtaining a BCom degree, or equivalent, with the following required core subjects from a SAIPA-accredited tertiary institution:
- Financial Accounting 3
- Taxation 1
- Auditing 1 / Internal Auditing 2 / Internal Control and Code of Ethics
- Corporate Law 1 / Commercial Law 2
- Management Accounting
- Preparation and completion of monthly management accounts;
- Perform independent reviews on financial statements in line with applicable accounting standards;
- Completion of monthly tax compliance returns i.e. VAT, and PAYE;
- Completion of annual tax compliance returns on behalf of clients for individuals and companies;
- Ongoing communication with clients;
- Reporting directly to line managers and Director.
Skills and Behavioural Attributes
- Work proactively on their own (unsupervised) and in a team;
- Communicate well in verbal and written format and interact with all levels
- Identifies problems, conducts research, evaluates evidence & makes appropriate decisions
- Asks probing questions to obtain required information,
- Takes responsibility for own development. Receptive to feedback
Once you’ve successfully completed your degree and your three-year learnership, you will be
required to write and pass the SAIPA Professional Evaluation (PE) Examination, which is written
twice a year in May and November.